Gen Alpha will shape the Frugal Economy

Why am I hopeful about the future ?

Because last summer, while I was living in Silicon Valley, I met my friend’s super-super bright daughter, a sophomore at MIT studying for a dual-degree.

She was interning at a Big Tech firm in SV that makes cute but expensive consumer electronics.

I asked her if she intends to go work for this Big Tech firm after graduating from MIT. She said: “I did this internship because I was curious to learn about Big Tech firms. Now, I know what they are like. After graduation, I don’t want to go work for a big tech firm that makes fancy products that only 10% of the world population can afford to buy. I want to work for a startup that helps the other 90%.”

The Generation Alpha will lead the frugal (inclusive) innovation revolution in America and abroad
The Generation Alpha will lead the frugal (inclusive) innovation revolution in America and abroad

That’s when I realized that the super-smart Gen Alpha is going to “vote with their degrees” and lead an “inclusive frugal innovation revolution” in America and abroad.

The rising Frugal Economy will be shaped by the Gen Alpha.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store