The future of Design is Inner Design (of your Life)
In coming decade, I foresee the field of Design evolving and expanding in 2 strategic ways:
- As we recover from Covid19 we need to design not only new products services, processes, and experiences (with emphasis on safety, health, sustainability), but we also need to design:
- new organizational structures (to accommodate virtualized/decentralized workplaces and drive bottom-up innovation)
- new wise & resilient leadership models that foster diversity and thrive on ambiguity (see: https://naviradjou.medium.com/wise-leadership-the-foundation-of-21st-century-organizations-ec82e3a37b2e)
- new collaborative industry value networks (that encourage co-creation rather than competition: https://naviradjou.medium.com/1-1-11-the-profitable-arithmetic-of-co-creation-94ad27f884f3)
- new inclusive/regenerative socio-economic ecosystems like frugal economy (see https://lnkd.in/gASaQCt )
- new grassroots political governance (like participative democracy)
- All the above are focused on designing a better Outer World. But there is a spiritual revolution under way as more people, especially Gens Y/Z seek meaning in life. As such, we ALL need to become CONSCIOUS DESIGNERS of our subjective Inner Life.
To consciously “design” a Purposeful Life, one needs to harness & integrate 4 interrelated faculties: Thinking (Mind), Feeling (Heart), Intuiting (Soul), and Doing (Body).
Conscious Design is key to craft a fulfilling personal life and to co-create conscious organizations and conscious societies of 21st century.
Have you found your Inner Design yet ?